The 12.5 Values of a Sales Professional
an excerpt from the book The Sales Bible by Jeffrey Gitomer
- The value of creating a difference between you the competition – The key is perceived value. The biggest difference is the difference they perceive in YOU!
- The value of knowing the difference between satisfied and loyal – Satisfied customers buy anywhere. Loyal customers stay, fight for you, and refer. Will they order again? Will they recommend you to others? That is the measure.
- The value of your ability to speak and be compelling – If your sales message is boring, they pass. It it’s compelling, they want to buy. Engage them with great questions and ideas.
- The (value) of knowing everything or being too busy to learn – Stay a student – every day. All the information you need to succeed already exists. You may not be exposing yourself to it.
- The value of establishing a friendly relationship – All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not quite so equal, people still want to do business with their friends.
- The value of your humor – If you make ‘em laugh, you can make ‘em buy. Study humor.
- The value of your creativity – Your key to being perceived as different lies in your creativity. Creativity can be learned.
- The value of asking for the sale – It’s so simple, no one does it.
- The value of your belief in yourself – To make a sale, you gotta believe you work for the greatest company in the world. You gotta believe you have the greatest products and services in the world. You gotta believe you’re the greatest person in the world. Three key words, you gotta believe.
- The value of being prepared – Most salespeople are half prepared. They know everything about themselves, but they know nothing about their prospect.
- The value of not whining and not blaming – You may think you’re the greatest – but if you whine and blame others, no one will like you, or respect you.
- The value of an apple a day – An hour of learning a day will make you a world class expert at anything in 5 years.
12.5 The value of a YES! Attitude – Attitude is EVERYTHING – to you and your success. You become what you think about. Your attitude is at the core of every action you take.